Yields: 1 cup | Prep time: Variable (enough time to freeze bananas) | Cook time: 5 min
I have ice cream almost every day. So does my grandma, so does my great-grandma. But if you are trying to be a little healthier, or if you just have some bananas that are on their way out (like I did), “nice” cream is a great alternative. You literally just need bananas, a freezer, and something to mix it up. A food processor or blender would be best. Then add whatever mix-ins you like.
Tips before you cook:
- This is a great way to use up bananas that are starting to go brown (bananas get sweeter the riper they are)
- When you first start blending the bananas, it is going to look crumbly and you are going to think it isn’t working. Scrape the sides down and keep blending. Trust me.
- There is an endless amount of toppings you can add. My favorite is peanut butter and chocolate chips. You could add…
- Frozen strawberries
- Chopped walnuts
- Chocolate syrup
- Toasted coconut
- Chopped candy bars
- Smores toppings (graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips, marshmallow fluff)
- Whatever you like!
How to make it:
- Slice up 2 bananas and put them in the freezer until completely frozen
- Once frozen, put the bananas in a food processor or blender
- Blend together until creamy
- Once blended, mix in your toppings of preference, or enjoy it plain
I hope you give this a try! Let me know in the comments how it turns out.